As of October 2017, Mixamate has been supplying Liquid Screed across London. Liquid screed can offer a hassle free, cost-effective alternative to traditional dry screed products.
Liquid Screed is an essential flooring component that is laid on top of concrete and provides a smooth, solid level surface area as a base for the final floor covering. Liquid screed gives a flawless finish, due to it’s free-flowing consistency. This screed is ideal when looking to finish the floor in ‘quick time’ and has many other benefits.
We are proud to say Mixamate have now teamed up with screed manufacturers Longfloor to optimise our liquid screeds with their additive, Integracure.
This liquid cement screed is one of the UK’s leading liquid screed formulas. Mixamate are thrilled to provide the highest standard of liquid screed available on the market today. What’s more, our all-in-one Screed Pumping Truck is capable of the delivery, mixing, and pumping of 10m3 of screed in a single visit from a single vehicle, which greatly reduces the headache associated with these kinds of jobs.
Traditionally, self-compacting concrete and liquid screeds have come with the same limitations. They depend on:
- The appropriate curing agent being used
- The right application equipment
- Ordering from premix the exact amount required
Often, this can be a complicated balance to achieve, but the addition of Integracure removes the need for these steps. This is because, unlike other current liquid cement screeds, it contains an integral curing agent, meaning:
- No need for additional spray
- Quicker drying times
- It’s laitance-free
- Compatible with all types of primers, grouts and adhesives
- Can be laid in wet rooms
- Over 1000M squared can easily be laid in a single visit
- Ideal for under-floor heating
Liquid cement screed comes with certain advantages over sand and cement screed, particularly with the growing popularity of underfloor heating. Mixamate can deliver any amount from 2m3 to 10m3 using our screed pump truck in a single delivery. Both this new product and our traditional screed mixes can be administered through our all-in-one pumping machines, this dramatically reduces the hassle associated with this type of work.
Additional Advantages of using Longfloor Liquid Cement Screed
- Delivers, mixes, & pumps screed in one
- Pre-loaded with all the materials – onboard computer creates the perfect mix
- Capable of carrying up to 20 tons of screed – will deliver from 2m3 to large quantities
- Can pump screed up to 120 metres – flexible rubber hoses for quick easy laying
- Operated by a single driver – no additional labour costs
- No need for a separate screed pump – Reduces transportation, waiting time and labour
- Environmentally friendly in reducing CO2 output – helping the environmental footprint
- Complete service without additional hassle – saves time & money
Additional information – Liquid Screed
- It is designed to offer a smooth flat and level surface for use in the vast majority of interior non wearing applications where a subsequent floor covering is to be used.
- Is perfectly suited to use in floating, bonded or unbonded construction and can easily incorporate electric or warm water underfloor heating systems.
- It is pumped directly to where it is needed, removing much of the manual handling operations required to install other screeds.
- It is finished using a lightweight dappling bar requiring no secondary compaction, thus removing most of the physical work needed to lay other screeds.
- It is suitable for use on most substrate types.
- Laitance free meaning no sanding once dry.
Advantages of using the All-in-One Mixamate Screed Pumping Truck
- Delivery, mixing, and pumping of screed from a single vehicle – reducing hassle and cost
- With Mixamate, you only pay for what you lay, so there is no waste
- 100m on-board pumping hose
- Flexible rubber hoses for hard to reach jobs
- Service currently available in and around the M25
- Mixamate can recommend professional screeders if you require assistance with the job
How to prepare your floor for liquid screed
- Installation Guide (click to download)
- Post Installation Guide (click to download)